About Cranor Inspection Services, LLC.
- Certified Inspector with the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Commonwealth of VA Certified Home Inspector #3380 000119 (Exp. 10/31/2017)
- EDI Certified Toxic Drywall Inspector #TDVA-004
- Member of the Central Virginia Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Member and served as the 2008/09 President for the Virginia Association of Real Estate Inspectors (VAREI) and served of the board of directors for 6 years.
- Maintained a Commonwealth of Virginia Contractor's License in Roofing, Home Improvements and Radon Mitigation up until 2005
- In the inspection business for 18 years (since 1998) but began working in the construction field more than 35 years ago.
- His experience has allowed him to routinely hire out in litigation support and he has testified as an expert numerous times in cases involving roofing, remodeling and home inspection.
- Served on the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Technical Committee for four years (2002 through 2005) and was chairman of that committee for three years
- Chaired the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Standards of Practice Committee for three years (2006 - 2008)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Standards of Practice Committee Member in 2011.
- Served in leadership roles for many years for the Central Virginia Chapter of ASHI including Vice President and President and committee chairs and continues to serve on the board and committees. Currently (2017) President of the Chapter.
- Honored by being invited to Chicago and served as a subject matter expert, assisting in writing exam questions as well as an exam review for the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors
- Have been interviewed concerning home inspections and have been quoted in both local and national print media numerous times and have been interviewed on the local news about inspection issues
- Quoted in the Best Selling book "The Everything Homebuying" third addition by Piper Nichole about why home inspections are important. http://pipernichole.com/
- Honored and recognized as a reviewer in the book "Everybody's Building Code" by Bruce Barker http://www.everybodysbuildingcode.com/5.html
- Authored and published articles in "Shingle Roofing", "EPDM Roofing", "Flat Roofing", "Inspector Safety in Crawl Spaces", "The facts about Clothes Dryer Exhaust Systems", "How to Identify a Manufactured Home" as well as interpretations of ASHI Standards of Practice. John's articles can be viewed here
- At the 2006 Inspection World Conference in Ft. Lauderdale, FL I was an honor to be recognized by the ASHI President for my leadership in technical committee and efforts in developing the ASHI virtual home inspection where I received a Special Service Award.
- I routinely offer my expert witness services and I have testified as an expert in Home Inspections as well as Roofing in both General district and Circuit Courts. I have also testified before a General Assembly Housing Committee and in a contractor disciplinary hearing at the Department of Professional Occupation and Regulations.
- Chaired, Co-chaired and has served on the education committee for the Central VA Chapter of American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) for numerous years.
- Won the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016 Super Service Award on Angieslist for Home Inspections for the Richmond, VA area.
- Honored by Central VA Chapter of ASHI inspector colleagues with Chapter Member of the Year in 2015.
Cranor Inspection Services, LLC. is a referral based business with thousands of satisfied clients all over Central VA. I'm committed to conduct thorough and honest inspections, give excellent customer service, and adhere to the highest technical and ethical standards. My experience and confidence allows me to offer a 100 % refund if your are not completely satisfied with my services.
Call or Text me now at 804-873-8534